Wednesday, January 7, 2009
"Nanas in a Jamas"
Lauren went swimming for the third time this season and she is learning that it isn't all bad. Lauren and mum were in the pool for an hour before daddy got home and climbed in with us but we had learned many things in the mean time. She isn't afraid to jump into my arms anymore but she knows she has to count so I know what she is doing. But, somewhere along the way she decided that she can just crawl in by herself and do the "Banana's in Pajamas" thing. She did it so many times yesterday that the pads of her fingers are raw and the one that had a burn on it last week is almost bleeding, but you can't really make her stop when she is having so much fun learning how to do things. I love to listen to her as she sings the song herself. Dave thinks she knows some Italian... lol
I should probably mention where she learned this first. Last year she was taking swim lessons from a sister in our ward and this is one of the many songs she used to teach the basics and get the kids used to the water. Good thing I can remember something hey?
(She is sitting in my lap right now excited that Grandma and Nana will get to see her.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She is sooo cute! I am totally jealous that you are swimming and having fun in summer, while all of us back here in Utah are hating the snow! Keep up the blogging. It is great to keep in touch, if only a little.
I would love some of the cold from over there. Send it my way!
Post a Comment