Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pins and needles... What's the difference?...


Okay, Check this out! Dave's boss, Patrick, is a wonderful employer! He is so generous and makes sure Dave has what he needs etc. He and Dave get to talk a lot and have a good relationship. Patricks' mum-in-law does acupressure (and I thought that was all) and had put 2 people into labor this past week alone. So Dave asked if she would do some on me today (this being my due date and all) and she said yes. They even came over to our house as she works in the next town over (Hornsby) and didn't have to be to work until 9am.
So they got here at about ten to 8 this morning. She asked some questions and I answered and she told me that my pulse still hadn't started to speed up so she knew baby wasn't ready to come yet. I think that is fascinating that she can do any of this though! Back to the story though...
She got something out of her bag and then started wiping me on my pressure points with alcohol wipes. Then I saw the needles!!!

Do I need to even explain what my thoughts were? Dave said it was just like getting a zit popped. I told him "yeah right..!" Anyways, if you look at the pics you can see where they were put in. Hands, legs and behind the ankle bone. She would then move them until I told her what I was feeling. At one time she had the needle in my right ankle and I told her that it felt as though it were coming out of the other side of my foot, and when I looked down I could see the needle pushing my skin on the other side. I don't do needles very well and get kind of sick at the site (well, just writing about it now does the same thing!)
She found the 2 that made baby move the most and worked on those and then she went at my shoulder pressure points. I never knew anything could be so painful but still help! (Dave has had to do the pressure points a few more times thoughout the day.)
After they left me with instructions not to get wet for a while because I could get an infection where the needles were, Dave and Lauren went down to swim and I went to take Pics of their adventures.

See the next post for those...

But, hopefully that will help get bubby here
faster. I still don't think I am going to have a
baby. Neither does Dave though. I think I am going to be pregnant for the rest of my life! Anyways... We will keep you all updated on the Blog.

No comments: