Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Stick















So almost 2 years ago my friend gave me a stick to plant. She said it wasn't dead and that the plant is almost impossible to kill. Frangapani's are a lovely smelling flower and I really wanted my own tree to plant in my yard one day. (Dave brings me home some when they are in bloom.) So anyways, I felt like an IDIOT when I planted this stick and even dumber when I went out to water it. Everyone else has lovely green plants on their veranda's and I really wanted to hide my stick.
One day it started to get some leaves and I was so excited! I am sure I called Dave to tell him what I saw (just like I called him and told him when the mean old bird came and ate the only 2 tomatoes I had happened to grow.) Anyways, no blooms last year but we have our first bloom! Lauren tells us all the time, "Look, flower. Flower daddy flower." (When she says flower it sounds like shower so we are always a bit confused in the begining.) She is so excited by it but I am afraid she might pull it off! I want a few days to look at it before she gets her paws on it!
Anyways, thanks Suzi for the stick!

1 comment:

Suzi said...

Haha!! yay! How exciting. We had a tomato plant in a pot and Lucas pulled off every single one wanting praise for picking mummy a flower. grrr!